Thanks to the tireless educational, advocacy, and organizing efforts of MPP, our supporters, and our allies in the movement for reform, we have come a long way in the past 25 years. Today, over two in three Americans support cannabis legalization, and 11 states (and D.C.) have passed legalization laws, with numerous others poised to join their ranks as the benefits of these laws become increasingly clear.
- Since spearheading the victorious campaign to legalize cannabis for adults in Colorado in 2012, MPP has steered the successful legalization efforts in Alaska, Nevada, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Michigan, and Illinois in the years since.
- MPP has been committed to expanding access to medical marijuana for patients in need across the country, leading the advocacy efforts for 13 recent medical marijuana laws in Arizona, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, and Vermont.
- MPP was indispensable in the passage of seven recent decriminalization laws in Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- MPP is supporting the Montana 2020 legalization campaign as it builds support for a ballot initiative that will legalize cannabis for adults, and in South Dakota we’re backing both medical and adult-use initiatives.
- In Connecticut and New Hampshire, we are working with lawmakers to overcome the obstacles standing in the way of strong popular support for legalization in both states.
- We’re also working to pass medical marijuana legislation in Kentucky and South Carolina this year.