Organizations to support
- The African American Policy Forum: A think tank of activists, academics, and policy makers working to address systemic inequalities. The AAPF also co-created the campaign #Sayhername as well as a groundbreaking report of the same name addressing the silence around Black women and girls and police brutality.
- Black Visions Collective: A Black-led, Queer and Trans-centered, Minnesota-based collective dedicated to transformative justice principles and a world where all Black Lives Matter.
- The Loveland Foundation: A nonprofit providing therapy support to black women and girls.
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective: A nonprofit dedicated to the healing, wellness, and liberation of black and marginalized communities.
Resources for protesters
- ACLU information on protesters’ rights
- VICE guidelines for protesting during a pandemic
- Legal Aid Society guide on what to expect if you are arrested
Resources for those who want to support the movement in other ways
NOTE: This list is not exhaustive and there may be local organizations in your community that could benefit from donations not only in the form of money but supplies like bottled water, masks, safe havens, and other supplies and assistance.
- Beyond The Streets: 26 Ways To Support The Protests (by Ejeris Dixon)
- Black Lives Matter
- Local chapters of Black Lives Matter
- National Bail Funds
- Justice for Breonna Taylor
- #IRunWithMaud (Ahmaud Arbery)
- National Police Accountability Project
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
- The Colin Kaepernick Know Your Rights Camp Legal Defense Initiative
- Campaign Zero